Five Year Plan for the parish of St. Thomas More, West Malling.
- Responsibility for sacramental preparation – baptism/first communion/confirmation/marriage/funeral co-ordinator and bereavement support.
- donate8 – aiming for 75 people donating total of 600 hours annually.
- Financially sound accounting - balancing the books. Revenue budget to balance within 5 years.
- Establish pre-school building with no outstanding debt. Fund raising to cover shortfall.
- Maintain church and house buildings to current level.
- Re-establish a functioning parish office, once pre-school vacates building.
- Maintain congregational levels. Engaging parishioners in community through area groups/donate8/parish groups. Mass attendance spreadsheet. Parish survey – we listen to the parishioners.
- Strengthen area groups. Continue to build using Advent and Lenten masses and promote welfare and friendship support within the groups.
- Communication, celebrating and thanksgiving for our community achievements through Parish magazine, Festival, or regular feedback at masses from Fr Peter and layperson.
- Succession planning – identify and train. (Already in progress through donate8).
- Sponsor charitable project when funds allow. Must provide feedback to parish.
- Maintain and build on links with other churches in our area.
- 5 year plan aims and objectives to be reviewed and evaluated on a regular basis.